About this course
At The North London Dental Centre, our NEBDN National Diploma in Dental Nursing is accredited by the General Dental Council (GDC).
This qualification teaches trainee dental nurses the foundations of dental nursing. We aim for our dental nurses to be able to demonstrate great level of knowledge, skills and professional attributes.
At the end of the course, our dental nurses leave with a qualification that we’re proud of. The course focuses on teamwork within the dental practice and ensures that dental nurses are highly trained, giving both the trainee and dental practice peace of mind.
NLDC’s Dental Nurse Course is designed by practising dentists with many years of experience. All of our training materials are accessible online. There are videos you can watch on your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone, our notes are downloadable, and you will be assigned a personal tutor to aid your study. Often other dental nursing courses not provide these features. Alongside assisting with your studies, we work dental practices to help you gain practical experience before you take your NEBDN Diploma exam and become a fully qualified Dental Nurse.
Dental Nurse Expertise
Dental Nurses are an important part of the dental experience. Not only do they support to dentists across the full range of treatment provision but they play a key role in supporting the patient too. Other responsibilities include infection control and health and safety in the workplace.
Dental nurses are required to be well-rounded employees. They should have excellent communication skills, be caring and compassionate, highly organised, and must be friendly and approachable. In addition to this, they must be calm and able to work under pressure.
To get enrolled on our accredited Dental Nurse Course you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have your hepatitis B vaccination.
- A valid proof of ID.
- A valid visa with permission to work in the United Kingdom (non-UK resident students).
- National Insurance Number
Please be aware that it is mandatory to complete our training course before you can begin working as a Trainee Dental Nurse. To enrol on our courses we require applicants to successfully pass a initial assessment test.
There are two different price structures:
Price: £1600 +VAT
Monthly instalment plans available. Learn more
Why to choose us?
Dental nursing is a career that is well paid and allows great progression. At NLDC we have a recruitment team which is very established and is one of the best in London. Our students have first placing in NHS, Private or mixed practises.
This 12 month dental nursing diploma course is comprised of a written examination, practical examinations and a workplace portfolio (Record of Experience).
The awarding body for the National Diploma for dental nurse qualification is the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN.) NLDC is an accredited NEBDN training centre. We offer a choice of evening, weekend and daytime classes in our modern and comfortable training centre.
You will also be required to complete an e RoE (Record of Experience), which is a practical experience record which needs to be completed within deadline provided by the NEBDN. To complete your RoE you should be working in a dental practice as a Trainee Dental Nurse.
What will be your roles as a Dental Nurse?
- Set up for each and every patient, providing the Dentist with the correct equipment and instruments.
- Assist the Dentist during treatment by passing relevant instruments and equipment, aspirating and retracting if necessary.
- Prepare and mix materials.
- Write patient notes correctly and efficiently as dictated by the Dentist.
- Monitor the patient as of entering the room, during treatment and as they leave the surgery.
- Offer support and reassurance to patients.
- Carry out stock control.
- If and when a Dental Nurse works on reception, duties may involve:
- Greeting patients and checking them in.
- Answering the phone and interacting with patients.
- Booking appointments.
- Taking payments.
- Liaising with laboratories and referral practices/hospitals.
What can you achieve after successfully completing this qualification?
Can register with GDC and have a better prospect.
Can go for post graduate courses and become a Specialist Dental Nurse.
Can get better wages.
Can get on to a Dental Hygienist/Therapist courses.
Can get on to an Orthodontic therapist course.
Can become an Oral Health Educator and many more.
What will you study in this course?
- Law and ethics in dentistry
- Health and safety
- General anatomy
- Oral anatomical structures
- Human Physiology
- Medical emergencies in dentistry
- Oral diseases
- Oral Surgery
- Oral Cancer
- Oral Health Promotion
- Dental Radiography
- Restorative dentistry
- Drugs used in dentistry
- Dental materials
- Dental Implants
- Periodontics- for gum and other surrounding tissues
- Dental Charting etc